Sunday, October 9, 2011

FREE HIV TESTING IN MANILA

Lets Go Back to the Basic

Hello!
Here is a brief post regarding Basic HIV Information,
some people call this HIV 101 as this is the foundation on HIV knowledge, hope this could be of great help to you:

HIV education is so easy to remember as it is given a code 3-4-5, these numbers represent the important points to remember:

"3"
There are ONLY 3 modes of transmission

1. Thru Infected blood and blood products
>this can be thru blood transfusion, organ transplantation or thru sharing of contaminated needles.

2. Thru unprotected penetrative sexual intercourse
>penetrative means "to get in" and all of these 3 modes have risk of transmitting the infection although they vary in the degree of infecting probability

a. Oral - lowest risk of acquiring the infection. The oral giver (sucker) has higher risk than the receiver (the one being sucked) of getting infected. Contrary to what others say, Oral sex may be a mode of infection although it pose a very little risk. But we must remember, a risk is still a risk no matter how little it is.

b. Vaginal - women have higher risk of acquiring the infection than their partner, but the male partner has risk of having it too.

c. Anal - The receiver (bottom) have higher risk than the giver (top). Bareback sex is considered high risk since the anus has thinner walls than the vagina, another fact is that it lacks proper lubrication so a very small or micro tear may be an entry point of the virus.

3. Infected Parent-to-child Transmission (Mother-to-Child)
> During pregnancy
> During delivery
> Thru breast-feeding


"4"
The 4 body fluids containing too much concentration of HIV
1. Blood
2. Semen (including pre-ejaculate fluid or precum)
3. Vaginal Secretion
4. Breast Milk


"5"
The 5 ways of Preventing Transmission
A - Abstinence is the best way of preventing HIV transmission

B - Be mutually faithful (If you cannot abstain from sex and have a partner, please practice fidelity)

C - Consistent and Correct condom use (If you cannot do letter A and cannot resist temptation and cannot practice letter B, protect yourself by using condoms + proper lubricant)

D - Do not use drugs! If you do, please do not Inject! But if you inject, Please, Do not share needles! Do not drink too much alcohol, this may impair your sense of judgment.

E - Educate yourself. Do not live in the days of folklore or myths. We are in 21st century and we need to be well-informed with correct information.
Early detection. Knowing one's status is the best way of handling HIV. If you are negative, you'll learn ways on how to be responsible and prevent yourself from acquiring it in the future. If you are positive, you'll be able to start living a healthy and positive life. Remember HIV does not kill, it's the ignorance of the infection that kills people.

Aside from the 3-4-5 we must also remember these principles of infection:
E-S-S-E
E-xit, a fluid (remember the 4?) should exit an infected person's body

S-ufficiency the amount of the fluid and the virus in the fluid should be sufficient enough to cause infection

S-urvival, the virus should be able to survive in order to cause infection, there should be no extreme changes in temperature, moisture, acidity of its environment, they should not be exposed to air in order for it to survive (that's why penetrative sex and blood transfusion or sharing injecting needles are effective modes of transmission).

E-ntry There should be an entry point in the body of the other person, a very little opening can be an entrance of the virus, thus causing HIV Infection.

HIV Infection is the successful entry of HIV in the body.

Reminders:
1. The internet is a great tool of providing us potent information. however, we must choose things to believe in. If possible, consult a doctor or HIV counselors personally regarding your HIV concerns. Remember, only HIV screening can detect the presence of HIV antibodies in the blood. You may have several symptoms that almost likely are related to HIV but please bear in mind that only HIV Testing can clear your mind of doubts. NEVER believe hearsays...

2. If somebody comes out NR/ Non-Reactive, He/She is reminded of the 3 weeks to 6 months window period which is the average length of time for the body to produce specific antibody to HIV. The HIV Antibody is the determining factor for the presence of HIV infection. He/She is then reminded to come back after 3mos and 6 mos for the completion of the "window period" and that every encounter within this period SHOULD all be protected.

3. Another thing is that, we have The Republic Act 8504 otherwise known as the Philippine AIDS Prevention and Control Act of 1998 in case you have an issue with the confidentiality of the testing, or any other concerns regarding HIV, this is the best guide you should look into.

Your worries will bring you no good. It will make you look sick eventhough you are supposed to be healthy. Remember our mind is so powerful. What you think this very moment, most of the times happens in a matter of days, weeks, or months. There is nothing you could do to ease yourself of the burden of paranoia. Face your fears, better soon than sorry. Have yourself tested and free your mind of worries.... hope to see you soon!!!

Thanks,

AIDAN

5 comments:

  1. I don't really understand why I have to go through Aidan for a simple hiv test. You speak of confidentiality but why is it not possible to directly communicate with the clinic instead of getting a referral code from you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you



    HIV Screening Glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Been reading lately hiv posts. I had one unprotected sex kc 2 years ago and now I'm paranoid na and bothered athough I feel well nMan. Once and for all, I want to face my fears and get tested. Do you know if Project 7 Hygeine Clinic still administers the free test? Do you have a contact no.? Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete